The Unique Domain of Professor Majid Samii, named; drsamii.com, is now for Sale. To purchase this unique name you may contact us through the following:
Below you will read a brief introduction of this distinguished Persian-German Professor.
|Born||19 June 1937Tehran, Iran|
|Nationality||Iran and Germany|
|Alma mater||University of Mainz|
Majid Samii (Persian: مجید سمیعی, born 19 June 1937) is a distinguished German-Iranian neurosurgeon and medical scientist.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Present Duties
- 3 Awards
International Neuroscience Institute (in Deutsch) in Hannover, founded by Samii
He has been the president of the International Society for Neurosurgery and was elected as the founding president of the Congress of International Neurosurgeons (MASCIN) in 2003.
Madjid Samii received the “World Physician” award by the north German city of Hannover. Former German chancellor Gerhard Schröder hailed the 70-year-old Samii for his medical contribution to neuroscience as head of the world-renowned International Neuroscience Institute (INI), based in Hanover. “You have brought more internationality to the city. People from all over the world are coming to be treated by you,” added Schröder in his speech to a high-profile crowd, among them ex-Indonesian president Jusuf Habibie and former German foreign minister Klaus Kinkel.
Schröder stressed that Samii has not only brought the world to Hannover but has also made the city world-famous. Deeply touched by the award ceremony, Samii said, “I am only a simple doctor, a great honor was bestowed upon me.”
He is currently the president of the International Neuroscience Institute (INI) at the Otto-von-Guericke-University.
In 2007, he received the “Friendship Award”, from the Prime minister of China for his contribution to the medical progress of the country.
In 2014, Professor Samii was named world top neurosurgeon and garnered Golden Neuron Award by World Academy of Neurological Surgery. He had earlier received the 2014 Leibniz Ring Prize in Berlin.
- President of the International Neuroscience Institute (INI) at Otto von Guericke University President of the China INI at Capital University in Beijing
- President of the Neurobionic Foundation
- President of the Board of Trustees of AWD Children’s Assistance Foundation
- Director emeritus of the Neurosurgical Clinic, Nordstadt Hospital in Hannover
- Honorary President of the World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies (WFNS)
- Honorary President of the World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies Endowment/Foundation (WFNS)
- Honorary President of the German Society of Skull Base Surgery
- Honorary President of CURAC – German Society of Computer and Robot-Assisted Surgery
- 2001: Honorary President of The World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies.
- 2005: Carl Zeiss Honorary Lecture and Visiting Professorship initiated and hosted by the Department of Neurosurgery of the Johann Wolfgang Goethe-University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
- 2006: Iranian Science and Culture Hall of Fame
- World Physician 2007
- 2007: Friendship Award of the People’s Republic of China.
- 2014: Leibniz Ring Prize winner.
- 2014: World top neurosurgeon and Golden Neuron Award Winner.